Configuring Your Printer with P-touch Template Tool
P-touch Template Tool allows configuring how the printer operates in P-touch Template mode.
P-touch Template mode prints templates according to specified control characters (print commands and command prefix). Some barcode readers and devices require the characters to be changed or allow them to be changed for easier use.
For example, there are some barcode readers that add the line return code (CR) after reading. Normally, templates with a single object requires reading object content and then print command. However, setting Trigger for P-touch Template Printing to the line return code causes barcode readers to send the return code besides object content, which starts printing without reading a print command.
Main Items That Can Be Configured with Device Settings
The contents depend on the model. For details, refer to P-touch Template command reference.
- Default Command Mode
- Default Template Number
- Data Delimiter for P-touch Template
- When there are multiple objects, using a delimiter enables sending data serially without specifying objects.
- The database-assisted template print function requires a delimiter to be inserted after a search string.
- Trigger for P-touch Template Printing
- In addition to when a specified character is received, you can configure printers to start printing when the number of data received reaches the number of objects or when the size of data received reaches a specified size.
- Character Code Table
- International Character Set
- Command Prefix Character
- Non-Printed Character
- Available Return Code
- Print Options
- Number of Copies, Cut Option, etc.
Share This Page