Configuring Printers with Printer Setting Tool (Device Settings)
Printer Setting Tool allows configuring Communication Settings, Device Settings, P-touch Template Settings, and paper size settings of the printer from your PC.
Printer Setting Tool is installed together with the printer driver and other software.
When the printer is connected to the PC through USB or Bluetooth®, Device Settings of Printer Setting Tool enables specifying and changing the print settings.
It allows not only changing settings of one printer but also applying the same settings to other multiple printers.
Main Items That Can Be Configured with Device Settings (The Contents Depend on the Model)
- Command Mode
- Text Direction (This setting is applied only if the printer driver is not used.)
- Print Speed
- Print Density
- Align Paper Leading Edge when the Cover is Closed
- Printing Reference Point Adjustment
- Adjust the tear bar position
- Feed Key Function
- Printer Information Report
- Serialize Mode
- Save Printer Print Log
- Delete printed data after printing
- Mode to disable Bluetooth/WLAN
- Media Sensor adjustment
- Display settings
Apply Changed Settings to Multiple Printer with One PC
- 1. Apply the changed settings to the first printer and disconnect the first printer from the computer. Connect the second printer to the computer.
- 2. Select the newly connected printer from the Printer drop-down list.
Click the Apply button
The same settings that were applied to the first printer are applied to the second printer.
- 4. Repeat steps 1-3 for all the printers whose settings you wish to change.
- To save the current settings in a file, click File - Export.
Clicking File - Import and selecting the exported settings file applies the same settings to other printers.
- Sharing the same settings with other PCs by using the Export/Import functions for files enables operation on multiple PCs.
Save Items Configured with Device Settings in a Command File and Apply Them to Printers
You can save the settings specified in Device Settings of Printer Setting Tool in a command file.
You can also apply the saved command file to printers with the mass storage feature. (Only available for models with the mass storage feature. For information on how to use the mass storage feature, refer to the instruction manual of relevant models.)
The mass storage feature allows sending files through a USB interface to printers without a printer driver.
List of Versatile Software Provided by Brother
Only available for models supporting Device Settings of Printer Setting Tool.
Share This Page