Configuring Printers with Printer Setting Tool (Communication Settings)
Printer Setting Tool allows configuring Communication Settings, Device Settings, P-touch Template Settings, and paper size settings of your printer from your PC.
Printer Setting Tool is installed together with the printer driver and other software.
When the printer is connected to the PC through USB or Bluetooth®, Communication Settings of Printer Setting Tool enables specifying and changing the communication settings.
It allows not only changing communication settings of one printer but also applying the same settings to other multiple printers.
Main Configuration Items (The Contents That Can Be Configured Depend on the Model)
- Network Settings on Power On, Bluetooth® on Power On
- Select Interface
- IPv6 Usage
- Remote Update (FTP server related settings)
- Wireless LAN (TCP/IP, authentication method/encryption method, etc.)
- Wireless Direct settings (SSID/network name, etc.)
- Bluetooth® related settings (changing PIN code, allowing search from other devices, etc.)
- Auto re-pairing (settings for connecting iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch)
Apply Changed Settings to Multiple Printer with One PC
- 1. Apply the changed settings to the first printer and disconnect the first printer from the computer. Connect the second printer to the computer.
- 2. Select the newly connected printer from the Printer drop-down list.
Click the Apply button.
The same settings that were applied to the first printer are applied to the second printer.
It is recommended to check the Automatically restart the printer after applying new settings check box when configuring the first printer. This enables checking that the connection to the wireless LAN access point/router is correctly established.
- 4. Repeat steps 1-3 for all the printers whose settings you wish to change.
- If the IP address is set to STATIC, the IP address of the printer is changed to the same one as the first printer.
Change the IP address as needed.
- To save the current settings in a file, click File - Export.
Clicking File - Import and selecting the exported settings file applies the same settings to other printers.
- Sharing the same settings with other PCs by using the Export/Import functions for files enables operation on multiple PCs.
Note that some items such as Node Name and Enterprise Security Authentication settings cannot be imported.
Save Items Configured with Communication Settings in a Command File and Apply Them to Printers
You can save the settings specified in Communication Settings of Printer Setting Tool in a command file.
You can also apply the saved command file to printers with the mass storage feature. (Only available for models with the mass storage feature. For information on how to use the mass storage feature, refer to the instruction manual of relevant models.)
The mass storage feature allows sending files through a USB interface to printers without a printer driver.
List of Versatile Software Provided by Brother
Only available for models supporting Communication Settings of the Printer Setting Tool.
Share This Page