What is b-PAC?
Customers can create programs that directly control P-touch to print labels. Creating a simple program for a system in use allows adding a label print function to the existing system.
b-PAC is recommended for the following customers:
- Customers who want to print labels by putting data from a database in a standard label layout.
- Customers who want to automate and simplify label printing tasks to streamline their work.
- Customers who want to integrate P-touch as a label printer into their business system.
- Note that the compatible OS and model depend on the version of b-PAC.
- b-PAC SDK Ver.3.0/3.1/3.2 (32-bit version) are compatible with 32-bit applications that run on a 32-bit/64-bit OS.
- b-PAC SDK Ver.3.1/3.2 (64-bit version) are compatible with 64-bit applications that run on a 64-bit OS.
b-PAC (Brother P-touch Applicable Component) is a component that sends data to Brother P-touch series hardware.
b-PAC needs no exclusive editor and enables customers' system, which is created with Microsoft® Visual Basic®, Microsoft® Excel®, VB Script, etc., to send data. (The programmers need to learn how to operate the exclusive editor to create label template files, but those who print labels using a developed program need not learn the operation of the editor.)
b-PAC enables operation such as printing labels through an existing database. Creating a simple program for a customers' system facilitates making equipment identification labels and barcode labels. Furthermore, users can get more out of P-touch with their own ideas.
Features of b-PAC
Various label designs
Easy to program
Basically, b-PAC can be used for the following three purposes (modules required to be coded):
- 1. Open a label layout file created as a template
- 2. Update the label contents
- 3. Print through a printer driver
Free of charge
Things required for programming
- A printer driver for output
- A label layout file as a template
- P-touch Editor (for creating templates and modifying sample templates included in the SDK before use)
b-PAC SDK components
- Main component
- Sample project
- Merging module for re-deployment (This module adds applications created with b-PAC to an installer to install them in a PC other than the one where they are created)
b-PAC processing overview
- Main component
- Template file
- Printer driver for target P-touch series
Share This Page